Apr 1, 2020
When it comes to losing weight and building muscle,
there’s more to it than what you do in the kitchen and the gym.
Today’s episode with Danny and Maura Vega touches on building
holistic practices that strengthen your body and mind. It’s not
just about the short term benefits, but about creating sustainable
practices and incorporating mindfulness to support overall wellness
as individuals and as a family unit.
- Introducing Danny and Maura Vega (3:30)
- Managing working, training, and raising a family
- Building a fat fueled family (15:14)
- Danny’s holistic approach to training (19:10)
- How mindset impacts training (24:31)
- What burn out looks like (33:09)
- What to do when you’re overstressed (38:27)
- How societal norms impact stress (42:45)
Made Simple, my second paperback, is HERE! If you have a copy,
leave a review and tag me on social when you cook from the book
@madewholecookbooks, and hashtag
- Rate the podcast and leave a review on
iTunes to be entered to win a $50 Whole Foods gift card and a
signed copy of Made Whole Made Simple! We’ll announce the winner in
a future episode, so keep listening to find out if it’s you!
- Get the
show notes and subscribe on your favorite podcast app!
- Danny Vega has a Masters in Human Performance. He is
a coach, trainer, speaker, and husband to Maura. Maura Vega is a
lifelong dancer and health nut. She’s a homeschooling mama and
women’s fitness influencer. Danny and Maura, along with their sons,
Desmond and Dean, are the Fat Fueled Family. Find more from Danny
and Maura Vega at
- For further exploration:
GET BODY WISE: